Friday 31 January 2014

The price isn't premier, unless you use a vending machine



Last night (Thursday) I stayed in a Premierinn. Cost me £30. Rooms are always clean,my know what you are getting yet I still feel a bit cheated.

I have a mobility disability, and therefore booked a disabled room, as they are better equipped for my needs.  I arrive at the hotel and proceed to go to my room. Right at the far end of the hotel, far away from reception, the main lift, restaurant and refuge point.  ( I cannot remember if there was a refuge point at my end of the hotel... I hope so!)  please note, not all disabled people use a wheelchair, some of us are able to walk some distance but too far puts us in a lot of pain. This was one of those occasions. 

I hate drinking water from the bathroom, I just don't think it's right, so the only option fir me is to boil the kettle and leave to cool. At 11pm, I desperately want a drink, but the kettle won't cool in time, my only option is the vending machine (right by the main lift) so off I pop... £1.50 for a bottle of water... That's more than 5% of the cost of my room! That's insane on any standards. 


My next gripe is a bit more serious,and something I did have to file an accident report form for. Connecting the twn beds is a metal bar, only it would appear this bar was only connected to one of the beds,I caught my foot on it, sending me flying and hurting my back. Not very impressed, it's lucky I was ok, as I managed to do it once in the dark, and then once packing my things away and doing the idiot check. ( making sure you have everything) 


Oh and the onsite restaurant didn't open until 6, but when you are hungry after travelling, you just have to eat. So I found the local harvester where the food was superb, and the service impeccable too. 

So, while my room was cheap, the little extras certainly were not. 

Everything might be premier, except the room prices.

2 comments:

  1. Urgent need Female for egg donation with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I want to complement this page administrator for creating this platform for us to express our feelings. HPV is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with hpv is by taking natural herbs medicine from DR. Agbomian the greatest herbalist doctor in the world and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr Agbomian .. I have read about Dr Agbomian the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure disease with his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Cancer, Also, Hepatitis, Diabetes, Hpv, Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine through DHL courier delivery company which i took for some days and today when i went for test, i was tested HPV negative. you can reach him through his Email: Dragbomianherbalcured77@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete