Sunday 24 November 2013

Freddie Mercury

UI don't remember when I heard my first song by Queen,  but along with The Beatles and a few other groups Queen and Freddie were a staple of my upbringing.

I distinctly remember singing these songs with my best friend at Infant school, and I remember our utter sadness at learning of the death of Freddie in 1991. We would have been in year 1 at this point. An age that we didn't understand the cause of his death or the impact of him being open about his illness towards the end of his life. 

There is one Freddie work that stands out to me amongst my all time favourites, it's the one I love to sing and pretend I am on stage in front of thousands of adoring fans. Barcelona, the partnership with. Montserrat Caballé  is incredible, it sends shivers down my spine and gives me goosebumps every single time





It may be 22 years since the death of Freddie Mercury, but for me he is one of the greatest musicians and performers we have seen, and his music will outlive us all. Thank you Freddie for sharing your gift of music with the world, it makes my world a better place. You will always be greatly missed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment